22 September 2009

Yoli + Christian {sneak preview pt.1}

When: September 2009
Where: Oahu, HI
What: Engagement Portrait Session

Holy cow, Batman!

Yeah, that is one of the many thoughts that went through my head as I photographed Yolanda (a.k.a. Yoli) and Christian during their recent engagement session. When Yoli and I had emailed back and forth about scheduling an engagement session before their wedding, she mentioned that her and Christian are rock climbers so wanted to have part of their session around that theme. I'm thinking 'sounds good'! I'm always up for something new, but little did I know that they would take me to an actual rock climbing spot here on the island and "hang out".

They of course were happy campers and right in their element, but I have to admit I am a tad afraid of heights (o.k. maybe just a bit more than a tad) so photographing them while leaning over the side of a cliff was quite the adventure. :o) But after all is said and done, I would not hesitate to do it again in a New York minute!

Check out the teaser photos of their high flying love below - I'm so lucky to be photographing their wedding this weekend which I'm sure will be as much fun and exciting as their portrait session.

Cheers!
B.

Hawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding PhotographyHawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding PhotographyHawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding PhotographyHawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding Photography
Hawaii Wedding Photography

6 comments:

Blue Wave 707 22 September, 2009 22:33  

Wow! You literally went out on a ledge for your shots! Way cool! :-)

chenchilla 22 September, 2009 22:33  

AWESOME shots!! We can't wait for Saturday! Thanks, Barbara!

Kyle Tunney 22 September, 2009 23:50  

Brilliant set of images!! You where lucky to get such a great couple to work with!

Looking forward to seeing many more great shoots!!

Kyle

Lulu 23 September, 2009 09:02  

Aww you guys look cute:D Nicely done^^

Christine Tremoulet 24 September, 2009 09:04  

Oh, I adore, adore, adore these photos! Can we feature them on WhollyMatrimony.com? Email me at christine@ the site and let me know!

Thanks so much!

Ashley Smith 08 July, 2010 21:53  

I'm blown away with these images. FANTASTIC!

Archives

About Terra Photography

Terra Photography specializes in bold + elegant lifestyle portrait photography, as well as Hawaii destination weddings. I also offer stock landscape & nature images.

I am based in West Lafayette, Indiana and available for travel. For more information, please visit the main website: {www.terraphotography.com}.

Note: All photographs and content © Barbara A. Gibson / Terra Photography and may not be used without permission. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP